Saturday, December 8, 2007

XX (Twenty)

This is the twentieth post of My Bunny Life. I hope you're enjoying it... I am!

BUNNY FACT: Can you guess how many toenails a bunny has? No counting! It's not twenty. It's 18 - with 5 on each front paw and 4 on each back paw.

Honestly, I hadn't even noticed that before. Although I'm somewhat familiar with my back paws (I wash them often), I never took the thought of counting my toenails. Kudos to anyone who already knew their bunny well enough to know that :)

BUNNY WISDOM: It's nice to have lots of knowledge stored away in our heads, isn't it? There may come a day when a quirky tidbit of wisdom saves our skins. But, someone who knows loads shouldn't look down on someone else who doesn't yet have the knowledge they do.

That's all for today. See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dot, how does your friend clip your toenails? I am going to have to clip Molly's soon.

Thanks and as always, great post!!

^_^ Dot ^_^ said...

Hi Erica,
Good question! We use the same type of clippers that one would use for a dog. My friend holds me upside-down on her lap. Then she just goes around to every nail, clipping close to but not quite to the "quick."

If Molly's toenails are white like mine, the quick (which contains sensitive nerves!) should be pinkish. If she has black nails, I think they're grayish?

We've never had to do it, but if you would hit a quick and it starts to bleed, you can put baking powder on to stop it.

Thanks for the question, have a great day!