Thursday, November 15, 2007

Welcome to My Bunny Life

This is my bunny blog. I welcome bunny-lovers everywhere with a twitchy nose and floppy ears. Everyday (or almost everyday :) I will post some Bunny Wisdom and an educational Bunny Fact. Have a comment or question about anything I write? You may email me personally at DotTheBunny@gmail.com or post a comment on my blog. Comments are screened to keep everyone safe from mean or obscene words. Tell your friends and tell you family about my digitally expressed, modern bunny life! Join in by commenting before December 31, 2007 to be entered to win a surprise bunny-themed gift, valued at over $10. One entry per person, unless you suggest a unique way to make this a better bunny blog, then you get an extra one!

Today, I will tell you a little bit about myself. I was born on August 1, 2007. So, most of you readers are probably older than me. My mom and dad are both pedigreed, Holland Lop rabbits. My owner, who I call my friend, lets me run around the house most of the time, but I also have a nice pen and clean litterbox. Sometimes I gorge on my hay : ) but there really aren't any side effects to it - so when I feel like it, I eat to my heart's content. Pellets are good as well, but I'm not allowed to eat too much of them, or else I could become overweight.

BUNNY FACT: Obesity is detrimental to the health of a bunny. Check the weight standards for your breed of bunny & feed accordingly. Hay may be safely fed in unlimited amounts.

My friend likes to tell me her problems. When she does, I get to help her through them by giving bunny kisses & I believe that just being there for her gives some relief. I also get told of things going well in the rest of her life. Personally, I enjoy the happy things more than the sad. I suppose most people and bunnies do. It's the balance of good times and bad times that make life interesting. Sometimes when I tell her about my difficulties she smiles. Occasionally she laughs, but it's always that "you're a silly bunny" laugh and isn't meant to ridicule me.

BUNNY WISDOM: Problems are easier to solve when you tell someone. Keeping your feelings, whether good ones or bad, bottled up doesn't help anyone. Good stories spread happiness. Sad stories can help others in their situations.

The other day my friend and I went for a romp in the freshly fallen leaves. I had a blast! Here's a picture of me...


That's all for right now. I am feeling sleepy, so I am going to take a nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dot, this sounds like it will be awesome. Love the bunny fact & widsom tidbit idea! I'll be waiting for more posts. =)

^_^ Dot ^_^ said...

Hi Adrienne,
I'm glad to have you, and I hope you enjoy my postings!