Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Sounds of Music

Most people, animals, and possibly even plants, enjoy good music. Nice music can do more than "calm the savage beast," but also revive the weary spirit. When she's not feeling great my friend plays something on the piano. When she's too tired or strung-up to play she turns on classical music or instrumental hymns. Naturally, I love every type she does. I'm not sure if it's because I grew up with it or because I like being and thinking like her, or what!

BUNNY FACT: Will a bunny placed on a piano know any masterpieces? No. Will he or she have fun anyway? Probably. Based upon my experiences, rabbits like new and interesting things.

As I implied in the "Bunny Fact," there are limits on the talents of rabbits. Whereas some people are geniuses when it comes to playing instruments, I know of no bunnies that have ever played a coherent piece of music without being physically made to do so. Is there such a thing as a "genius" bunny, with extra-lagomorphic powers? Until I see it, I will consider all rabbits "geniuses" because of the sway they have with people.

BUNNY WIDSOM: When you have influence with someone, be careful how you use it. Anyone can tear down a reputation or whole life, but it takes something more to build up. Imagine one child constructing a tower of blocks and another crashing it down to the ground. Which child is using more intelligence? Which role are your words and actions doing??

As I posted yesterday, my friend has plans for today. She may try to get on again tonight to take and upload some pictures. Her digital camera is being stubborn... it wouldn't work this morning when I was on the piano :( It has acted up in that way before, so I trust it will work again sometime.

No comments: